14 December 2008

Advent Homilies

Advent Sunday 3 (Year B) - 14 Dec 2008 - 6pm
Based on Isaiah 61 - "The spirit of the Lord has been given to me, for the Lord has anointed me. He sent me to bring good news to the poor..." This text is fulfilled in the person of Jesus, but each one of us is also called to share this anointing with our world.
Recorded at St Michael's, 6pm. (9'55")
Play MP3


Advent Sunday 3 (Year B) - 14 Dec 2008
Based on Isaiah 61 - "The spirit of the Lord has been given to me, for the Lord has anointed me. He sent me to bring good news to the poor..." This text is fulfilled in the person of Jesus, but each one of us is also called to share this anointing with our world.
Recorded at St Michael's, 9.30am. (10'57")

Play MP3


Advent Sunday 2 (Year B) - 7 Dec 2008
Beginning of the Good News of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
Recorded at Sacred Heart Church. (15'03")

Play MP3


Advent Sunday 1 (Year B) - 30 Nov 2008
A reflection on the images of sin given in the prophet Isaiah, the first reading - being lost; a hard heart; a dry leaf blowing in the wind; and the potter and the clay. (11'27")

Play MP3